Saturday, October 6, 2012

Jonathan Edwards and Justification, by Josh Moody

Moody does a good job of bringing several writers together to put together a short work describing the issue of Justification and Jonathan Edwards view of the subject. Each author looks at a different angle of the written work of Edwards and brings to light his thoughts and energy in relationship to Reformation Theology and specifically Justification.

The work is fine, but I felt that it was repetitious at times. I felt that the subject was delivered in a dry academic way that will, I believe, not keep the attention of many lay readers. Pastor's and academics will find it interesting, but nothing startling new comes to light.

I found myself left just wanting to read Edwards himself and not someone else view of the material. I kind of felt like I have with many Christian Books lately, so many books on the Bible saying so much of the same, why not just read the Bible itself and saturate my mind with the words of God?

No comments:

Post a Comment